Monday, February 7, 2011

Does Cocoa Butter Remove Dark Spots From Leg

Interview with President Jean

Source: Signal FM February 7, 2011


Q. - What are the circumstances surrounding your departure from power February 7, 1986?

A. - If you had the chance to read or listen to my last message of February 7, 1986, you have a very clear idea of those circumstances.

In politics, one must know how to retire on time and I who spent fifteen years without any uproar with the Haitian people, the act of a popular uprising in two or three provincial cities, directed against my government, seemed enough to go and, after much reflection, I decided to leave, to the amazement of my staff, my supporters, members of my family and even the opposition, not to slow development efforts that were underway. Believe me, my mother found out that on the evening of 6 February.
Menm Manmanm this nan Nwite 6 Févry li pral konnen new!

Q. - Have you been forced to leave the country?

A. - I think I already answered this question. It not. Now, if you ask me if I could afford to retain power in 1986, of course yes. Remember that I was Supreme Commander and Staff of the Armed Forces and National Security Volunteers. If I were the dictator you claim, I would have had only one word to say to restore order. I did nothing of the sort. Remember that two kids fell in Gonaives and another youth in Cape Haitien. For me it was already too much. I respectfully salute the memory of these young men fell too soon. One of them, Gonaives, was the son of a VSN brave and that of Cap-Haitien, was a close relative of an officer of the Presidential Guard attached to my personal safety. Conspiracy or not, I leave you to judge. Anyway, among the many options open to me, I preferred to leave power to a civilian-military council that I made to hasten a peaceful solution to the crisis.

Q-What role does international played in your leave?

A. - None. Probably you ask this question in a post-Duvalier. We dealt differently with the world. Epok
mwen tap Cabinet when peyi relasyon-a-m te genyen ak is the entènasyonal menm relasyon pa ki jodi a. egziste

When I decided to really go, I invited Thursday, February 6, about seven o'clock, respectively Ambassador of France and the United States, to join me at the National Palace and there I told them made my decision to resign. I asked the American Ambassador, let me find, if possible, a means of transportation. A military plane was kindly sent me.

Q. - Some criticisms are addressed to the Duvalier regime, including the muzzling of the press, the restriction individual freedoms and associations, corruption, torture and political killings. Take one to one of these reproaches.

A. - I prefer to answer that question generally.

retrospect, the greatest criticism that could be addressed to my government is not having held mock presidential elections every four years, five years or six years. I had a serious vision of democracy. And I wanted to bring everyone around me in this vision seriously, in a spirit of consensus. Unfortunately, things take time policies in Haiti ...

In on democracy, if your model is France or the United States for example, all the accusations you are allowed. If instead, you take other examples like the Cuban model is very popular in Haiti, I would hope that we earnestly explain how this friendly country is it a democracy compared to my government, which progressively s opened it to the opposition to the point that many of my opponents have become ministers, ambassadors have been recruited as technicians in my government ...

To hear the lamentations of my enemies, I wondered if the only way move their eyes to was not a true democrat, ultimately, to let me down or let them power ... And until then, they made what?

Ki fè with his yo-a pouvwa its

It seems to my government even denied the right to have kept the peace of the streets and having chased the bombers or drug dealers!

I know there have been excesses, and again I regret bitterly! I recall that whenever documented cases of abuse reported me, I ordered sanctions without fanfare. I hope that the archives of the military and Police will testify.

Did you know that under my government, the Reverend Sylvio Claude was arrested and later tried and sentenced by a criminal court to nine years in prison? But you also know that he won before the Court of Cassation, was exonerated and released? Those judges who have acted independently have not been persecuted or revoked by my government. I salute the courage of the martyr of freedom! I can not tell you today how I was devastated at the sight of horrific images of his assassination in Four Paths, Les Cayes, in September 1991. Nobody talks of this heinous crime! Do you have a toll of journalists, political activists, trade unionists brutally executed in the reign of democratic regimes who have succeeded?

You see? It's quite a debate. Much the same thing when you talk about corruption. History will eventually establish the truth and will take true stock-especially social and economic-that we could achieve from the meager resources we have available. We had not had a chance to these generous billion unfortunately ...

Q. - How did you live in exile?

R. - Mwen te fizikman year France nanm all men mwen te-m all Lespri toujou year Ayiti

the rhythm of my country! I was placed in an observation center to see the progress made in some countries in Africa, Asia and South America over the last twenty five years and live together and painful disintegration of Haiti at all levels during this same period. Even hope has faded. Youth has no moral compass and is left alone without a compass.

Q. - What a feeling it feel to be back in Haiti?

A. - Nou te viv-a Momma's menm January AVEM any new e konstate akey chalereux ke te Jenes the Banma

You've lived with me for a trip that was neither scheduled or announced. You lived the enthusiasm of the youth at the International Airport. You've seen the enthusiasm of public employees, their home, their reception! But from the airport to my hotel, I was plunged into deep grief by what I saw. It is high time that everyone in a large konbit finally working on the rebirth of this country and the promotion of youth. I foresee this possibility when all the former heads of state could form a grand council in order to promote national reconciliation and rehabilitation in Haiti.

Q. - What is your reading of the socio-political situation?

A. - I observe. The worst that could happen to these people is that it would go on to live in such inhuman conditions, despite the billions of dollars in aid! Somebody somewhere should have a guilty conscience! We should have a guilty conscience as an elite ruling!

Jenes peyi Ayiti has such power to mete tet new new Ansanm ak Union Manufactured Force the new power rekonstwi peyi a.
Kenber women pa lage mwen avek

A new byento!

0 comments:

Post a Comment