Saturday, January 22, 2011

Magnetic Tape Strips For Shower Doors

Haiti / Five days after his dramatic arrival in the country, President Jean-Claude Duvalier, speaks to the press and people Haitian

*

President Jean-Claude Duvalier,
in Petion-ville, Haiti, January 21, 2011
Photo: AFP




President Jean-Claude Duvalier to the Press
in a hotel in Petion-ville, Haiti, January 21, 2011
Photo: Hector Retamal, AFP



Press briefing by Mr. Jean-Claude Duvalier and
of legal


Dear friends of the press,

Thank you for having responded to my invitation that day and seized the opportunity afforded me to address my fellow citizens.

Very briefly, I will tell you how much I was impressed by the welcome I have received from Francois Duvalier International Airport for this visit, especially in this crowd of young people who do not know me.

This gives heart-warming. M di yo Mèsi anpil, m'te Kontan Momma's viv-a.

That said, I know how many of you are curious about the subject of my return to Port-au-Prince after a quarter century of absence. This question is on everyone's lips.

because I wanted to pay tribute to the many victims of the devastating earthquake of January 12, 2010 which was, according to official estimates, three hundred sixteen thousand (316,000) died. Unfortunately, I'm not arrive in time for the commemoration.

Dear compatriots,

me back you to express my solidarity in this extremely difficult period of national life where you are still hundreds of thousands living under the stars, amid the ruins. From the moment that I decided to return to Haiti to commemorate with you, our country, this sad anniversary, I was expecting all sorts of persecution, but believe me, the desire to participate in your side at this Konbit for national reconstruction, far exceeds the red that I could be facing ... Whatever the cost, the main thing for me is to be with you. And I say that as such, all Haitians of good will have the right to want to participate.

I take this opportunity to publicly present my condolences to my millions of fans who, after my voluntary departure from Haiti to avoid bloodshed and facilitate the rapid conclusion of the political crisis in 1986 were delivered themselves. Thousands were brutally murdered, smoky, grilled, tortured to "pil lebrun" word became notorious, their homes, their belongings looted, déchoukés, burned. And all this under the glare of cameras around the world.

I also take this opportunity to express once more my deep sadness the place of my countrymen who recognize, rightly, to have suffered under my government.

Youth of my country,

During my long stay in France, I was always attentive to your cries and your misfortunes. I had some of your difficult times with great sorrow and grief. To you, future leaders of this country, which should take over and show the world that the Haitian soul is alive and well and strong.

And as to parody the Rev. Martin Luther King: " when you will ensure that the bell of the national reconciliation could resonate in every heart and that we let chime in every community in every city, every neighborhood, every home, then we can speed up that day when all the children of Haiti, men and women, old and young, rich and poor, those of inside as those in the diaspora, can walk hand in hand without exclusion and participate together in the revival of Haiti .

This is the message I get back.

Vive Haiti! May God bless us!

Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment