Monday, May 5, 2008

Denise Milani Nipple Strip



report on a trip to Japan

It is more than four months since we returned from Japan, we, the apprentice writers. It is appropriate today to report on our adventure with a thorough review and concise. But one thing is certain: a lot of information must be organized and processed. For this reason I opted for the development of an assessment "classic", where I develop the strengths and weaknesses of our stay in Japan, while adding a certain point of view. First, I will focus on the organization and content of the voyage and, secondly, I speak Japanese values and do a little interpretation.

First, regarding the orientation and transport, despite some skirmishes due to the density of activities in the country and a culture shock, we can say that the reliance was pulled out. However, sometimes the size of the baggage problems caused in transit. Nevertheless, we still reached their destination without losing anyone. Besides these destinations, hotels and temples in great majority, are another highlight of the trip. We all experienced the traditional style tatami (Kyoto) that the modern style (with Hiroshima) or the hotel in "card" (in Tokyo). Then, as regards food, restaurants search was meticulous and often difficult given our fatigue, but ultimately, we ate a lot of typical dishes in Japan. In addition, many places we gave a good idea of the atmosphere around the table at mealtimes (when we ate in Komai, the beautiful Japanese family of Christian, our teacher).

In terms of activities and visits, we can not but affirm that it was the great strength of this adventure. It was the side's most comprehensive travel, we saw the Essenciel what had to do in Japan. To count, more than nine temples and visited a dozen other activities (shopping, walking, pottery, etc..) Is, somehow, through these activities that apprentices were able to see writers and design values, customs, lifestyle and Japanese aesthetics. And to realize what we saw, we developed a blog. This "blog", or rather the task of writing, is a weak point of the trip. Despite being designed with consistency, it seems that we were ill prepared to write reviews of such trip. The "Blog" will remain a very nice memory, but on rereading, that the remarks are too lenient and they are full of too much subjectivity. Regarding the atmosphere of the group, everyone must have felt in his own way. For my part, I have seen several problems in organizing the group, but I think it was a challenge for us all. Conflicts were often due to the bad faith, bad conscience.

Then, to talk a little more of Japan itself, I will use the "I" because it's interpretations or points of view. For in reality, I do not think it is possible to immerse themselves in a culture in less than two weeks and speak with great objectivity. However, I understand certain cultural traits evident.

First, the paradoxical nature of this culture appeared to me all along the journey. This is especially the comparison between the city of Tokyo and Kyoto that I can understand the struggle between tradition and modernity. But even more, to see contradictory traits even within a single city (such as the idea of comfort - in Kyoto, I slept on tatami mats, however, to McDonald, I discovered the toilet heating).

Secondly, I must of course speak of modesty and restraint of Japanese. The population density would lead to chaos when the Japanese behaved like most Westerners. However, modesty and quiet are more than a social necessity, they form the individuality of the Japanese. It is, in other words, often a trait unique to Japanese regardless whether they are in a crowd or not.

Moreover, the question of honor is also of great importance. It's a bit like the art of samurai crossing the modern culture. In Japan, the honor of the family occupies a major place. Almost all families have an altar at home, to celebrate their deceased parents. This leads me to the facet that interested me as in Japan: its aesthetics. The aesthetic is unique and singular attention to detail and pursuit of perfection and harmony are the main actors. Whether by the Bunraku theater (doll) or contemplation of an altar methodically thought I saw and I'm still trying to understand the magic of this aesthetic. After all, without Japan, and his prints, there would not have as good a Van Gogh ...

Ultimately, I can only speak positively of the trip, despite some bitterness. My digestive system was not accustomed to Western this oriental culture, figuratively and actually (when I ate sushi at 7 am). That's why I still digesting today, this adventure that marks a life, and moves. But I assure you, it is not required to go so far to travel. "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - Lao Tzu

Mr. T.

0 comments:

Post a Comment